Degrees and Certifications:
MASTER OF SCIENCE Collaborative Teacher Special Education Auburn University 2009 BACHELOR OF SCIENCE Human Development and Family Studies Auburn University 2005
My name is Jami Horne, and I have been a classroom teacher for fourteen years. This year will be my eighth year at Enterprise High School. Originally from Ozark, Alabama, I graduated from CarrollHigh School in 1999. I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Human Development and Family Studies from Auburn University in December of 2005 and my M.Ed in Collaborative Special Education from Auburn University in May of 2009. Prior to my time at EHS, I had the privilege of serving as a Special Education teacher at the middle school level in Dallas County for seven years.
Special Education Teacher
ENTERPRISE HGH SCHOOL
- Current Co-taught classes Algebra II, Algebra with Finance, and 9th grade English.
- Previous Co-taught classes Biology, Physical Science, Environmental Science, World History, Algebraic Connections, and Geometry.
WILLIAM R. MARTIN MIDDLE SCHOOL
Dallas County School District 2009-2016
- Co-taught English, Math, Science, and History
- Managed caseloads up to 24 students across exceptionalities
- Composed state compliant IEP’s
- Created activities aligned with the Alabama Extended Standards
- District Transition Team member
- Special Education department head for school.
- District CCRS team member
- Managing Crisis Safely
Special Education Aide
AUBURN HIGH SCHOOL
Auburn City Schools 2006-2009
- Self-contained classroom aide
- Co-teaching one on one aide
Camp counselor/recreation leader
AUBURN THERAPUTICS PROGRAM
City of Auburn 2008-2009
- Lead weekly creative dance class
- Lead weekly BINGO class
- Facilitated small groups in academic and transition activities