Parent Action Team (PAT)What is the PAT?The HHES PAT is a group of volunteers that assist Holly Hill in the planning and execution of activities to enhance the educational experience of our students and provide support to our teachers. The PAT is always in need of additional volunteers to support our efforts throughout the school year.PAT Objectives
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school, and community.
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students
- Expand technology and supplement equipment and supplies.
- Increase students safety and security.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
The PAT DOES:
- Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school.
- Encourage parent involvement in their child(ren)'s lives, education, class, and school.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs.
- Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum
- Encourage/fund the increased exposure of students to technology.
- Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues.
- Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget.
- Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism.
- Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PAT functions and assist with school programs.
- Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools.
The PAT does NOT:
- Run the school.
- Force parents to participate in PAT and/or school activities
- Set policy regarding school programs
- Define the school's curriculum
- Dictate the technology platforms and/or software used by the school
- Define or interfere with the school's security program and policies
- Control the school's budget
- Set the educational goals, testing requirements, or compliance factors
- Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees
- Endorse a particular political candidate or commercial concern
PAT Mission Statement
Enhance the HHES educational experience, support the goals of the school, and involve the families in activities that foster community spirit and a vibrant learning environment, while providing a forum for an exchange of ideas.
PAT Contact Information
REMIND: Enter code @hhespat in the REMIND app or text @hhespat to 81010