Beta Club LOVES EHS and our community. Our goal is to serve our school and community in any way that we can and pursue academic excellence. We are beginning our second year of have a senior Beta Club at EHS this year, and we look forward to seeing our students grow!
What is Beta Club?
The National Beta Club Mission Statement:
To promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.
Achievement: Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
Character: Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
Leadership: Developing the leaders of tomorrow
Service: Demonstrating our motto: Let Us Lead by Serving Others
How can I get into Beta Club? (The application window for Fall 2023 has closed; however, please listen closely to the announcements in early January 2024).
- Model a character of integrity, leadership, service and academic achievement
- Complete a membership application form
- Meet the GPA and membership requirements
- Receive approval for membership from the Beta Club selection committee
- All students (including former Jr Betas) MUST apply for membership! The EHS Sr Beta Club is an independent charter of the National Sr Beta Club and has no membership affiliation with any Jr Beta Club members. All new members must meet the requirements above and apply for membership.
What must I do if I am in Beta Club?
- Continue to model a character of integrity, leadership, service, and academic achievement
- Maintain a minimum cum average of 80/B
- Complete five hours of community service projects per semester (3 hours minimum)
- Submit the service hours by the due date predetermined by the sponsor
- Be actively present at all Beta Club meetings (only 2 unexcused absences allowed per academic year)