Class of 2020, First Day of School (August 7, 2019)
You made it! You're a senior. This year will go by really fast. Please check this web page often to get updates on important dates and information that you need to keep up with. This page is intended to be a one-stop shop for "ALL THINGS SENIOR."
Recommended Timetable for College-Bound Seniors
Fall of Senior Year:
- Join the EHS email list for scholarships: Go to the EHS website at https://www.enterpriseschools.net/Domain/8 Find the “Our School” tab across the top of the page and select College and Career. Read the information and email firstname.lastname@example.org; include student name and grade level and ask to be added. Be sure to write “add to scholarship list” in the subject line of the email. Join your class Remind. Visit the CCC to get the numbers.
- Make sure the College and Career Counselor knows your college preferences and your intended program of study.
- Apply for admission! Many universities have December 1 deadlines. Scholarships are offered only to students who are admitted. You MUST request a transcript from guidance when you apply. Official paper transcripts are $7, or you may request your transcript be sent to a college digitally for a $10 fee, via Need my transcript https://needmytranscript.com/enterprise-city-schools which is located on the website
- Create your FSA id prior to October 1. Go to: https://fsaid.ed.gov
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some scholarships are offered only after a student has completed the FAFSA, and student loans (Pell Grants) require that you complete the FAFSA. Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov The FAFSA will open October 1.
- Update your resume; use when completing applications. Give to anyone writing a recommendation for you.
- Apply for all possible scholarships as soon as applications are available! Keep a copy of EVERYTHING!
- Repeat ACT and/or SAT in September and October, if necessary.
- Athletes, talk to coaches about registering for the NCAA Clearinghouse.
- Attend EHS College Fair and EHS Scholarship Night for admissions, financial aid, & scholarship information.
- Practice/Hone interviewing skills.
- Check with the Admissions Office of schools to confirm that your applications are complete.
Click here to view current scholarships
Scholarships are listed on the EHS website https://www.enterpriseschools.net/ehs
- Click on the our school tab
- Click on College and Career
- Click Scholarships on the left
College and Career Facebook Page
Join the Class of 2020 Remind...
Text @4a99h22 to 81010
Thursday, September 12--LAST CHANCE to take a senior portrait to appear in the yearbook. Seniors who have yet to take their portraits should have received an appointment time from their 1st block teacher. Email email@example.com for more info.
Friday, September 13--Deadline to preorder a yearbook for $55 and get free icons with personalization online at jostensyearbooks.com.
Tuesday, September 17--College Recruiters from the University of South Alabama will be in the College and Career Center 10:00-11:00.
Thursday, September 19--College Recruiters from ESCC will be in the College and Career Center 11:00-1:00.
Thursday, October 3--College Fair in the gym from 9-12:30.
Thursday, October 17--College Recruiters from the University of Alabama Birmingham (UAB) and Birmingham Southern will be in the College and Career Center 10:00-11:00.
Thursday, October 24--Senior Meeting at 1:00 in the Gym! Seniors will receive graduation supply information to order your (cap, gown, and diploma) .
November 4-8--College Application Week!
Tuesday, November 5--Deposit due on graduation supplies (cap, gown, and diploma has to be ordered if you are participating in graduation.) Order early. The price goes up through out the year.
Tuesday, November 5--ASVAB will be given at EHS.
Wednesday, November 6--College Recruiters from the University of Alabama Huntsville (UAH) will be in the College and Career Center 10:00-11:00.
Thursday, February 6--Cap and Gown Portraits
Thursday, February 27--Cap and Gown Makeup Portraits
Thursday, May 14--Awards and Scholarship Program, 6 pm, Performing Arts Center
Thursday, May 21--GRADUATION!