Class of 2020, First Day of School (August 7, 2019)
You made it! You're a senior. This year will go by really fast. Please check this web page often to get updates on important dates and information that you need to keep up with. This page is intended to be a one-stop shop for "ALL THINGS SENIOR."
Tuesday, November 19 -- College Recruiters from LBW Community College will be in the College and Career Center, 10:00-12:00 and Huntingdon College will be here, 10:00-11:00. National Guard Rep will be in the CCC 11:30-1:30 to go over ASVAB scores and for students to ask questions. Stop by the CCC!
Tuesday, December 17-- Exams for 1st block and 2nd block classes
Wednesday, December 18--Exams for 3rd block and 4th block classes during 1st and 2nd block times.
Thursday, February 6--Cap and Gown Portraits
Thursday, February 27--Cap and Gown Makeup Portraits
Tuesday, April 14 - WOW (Worlds of Work) VARSITY Hiring Fair. This Career Fair is for area SENIORS only. Come with your resume and be ready to converse, impress, and interview!
Thursday, May 14--Awards and Scholarship Program, 6 pm, Performing Arts Center
Thursday, May 21--GRADUATION!GET CASH FOR COLLEGE BEGINNING OCTOBER 1! * Fill yours out today to meet PRIORITY DEADLINES!*FAFSA open for 2020-2021 school year; Grants up to $6,195 availableDo you know someone who wants to go to college in the fall of 2020?The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) opens today for the 2020-2021 school year. Most Alabama public high school seniors will qualify for a Pell Grant of up to $6,195. That's money which doesn't have to be paid back and can be used for a wide variety of academic and technical education after high school.Savvy families will complete the FAFSA as soon as possible to maximize resources available to pay for college. More than 330 high schools participating in Alabama Possible’s Cash for College campaign have committed to helping every senior complete their FAFSA.Ready to start a FAFSA? Go straight to fafsa.govNeed more information? Visit cashforcollegealabama.org.
Click here to view current scholarships
Scholarships are listed on the EHS website https://www.enterpriseschools.net/ehs
- Click on the our school tab
- Click on College and Career
- Click Scholarships on the left
College and Career Facebook Page
Join the Class of 2020 Remind...
Text @4a99h22 to 81010
Recommended Timetable for College-Bound Seniors
Fall of Senior Year:
- Join the EHS email list for scholarships: Go to the EHS website at https://www.enterpriseschools.net/Domain/8 Find the “Our School” tab across the top of the page and select College and Career. Read the information and email email@example.com; include student name and grade level and ask to be added. Be sure to write “add to scholarship list” in the subject line of the email. Join your class Remind. Visit the CCC to get the numbers.
- Make sure the College and Career Counselor knows your college preferences and your intended program of study.
- Apply for admission! Many universities have December 1 deadlines. Scholarships are offered only to students who are admitted. You MUST request a transcript from guidance when you apply. Official paper transcripts are $7, or you may request your transcript be sent to a college digitally for a $10 fee, via Need my transcript https://needmytranscript.com/enterprise-city-schools which is located on the website
- Create your FSA id prior to October 1. Go to: https://fsaid.ed.gov
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some scholarships are offered only after a student has completed the FAFSA, and student loans (Pell Grants) require that you complete the FAFSA. Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov The FAFSA will open October 1.
- Update your resume; use when completing applications. Give to anyone writing a recommendation for you.
- Apply for all possible scholarships as soon as applications are available! Keep a copy of EVERYTHING!
- Repeat ACT and/or SAT in September and October, if necessary.
- Athletes, talk to coaches about registering for the NCAA Clearinghouse.
- Attend EHS College Fair and EHS Scholarship Night for admissions, financial aid, & scholarship information.
- Practice/Hone interviewing skills.
- Check with the Admissions Office of schools to confirm that your applications are complete.