Health Science courses at ECTC incorporate project- and problem-based healthcare practices and procedures to demonstrate knowledge and skills fundamental to a variety of healthcare careers. These courses make great preparation for students interested in any type work in the medical field.
Courses - course descriptions here (see pg. 62-63) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IOnh1Mi_5YQOAwJG_lRBFwctnioZ8KMp/view
- Foundations of Health Science
- Medical Terminology
- Therapeutic Services
- Health Science Internship
- Sports Medicine
- Basic Life Support with the American Heart Association
- CPR Instructor
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Electrocardiagram (EKG) Technician
- Patiend Care Technician (PCT)
CTSO (Career Tech Student Organization) - HOSA
* Students taking Health Science courses are encouraged to join our CTSO, Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA). Students in HOSA participate in community projects such as Red Cross Blood Drives. Students also have the opportunity to travel to state conventions to collaborate with, and compete against, other HOSA students in Alabama.
- Students who successfully complete Foundations and Therapeutics are eligible for Internship
- Our program has consistently had above National Average Pass Rates for our CNA, PCT, and EKG national examinations
- Students have placed top 3 in HOSA State for Medical Terminology, First Aid/CPR, Forensices, Medical Spelling, Nursing Aide Training, Sports Medicine, and Prepared Speaking. As a result, students have been invited to compete at HOSA National/International conventions.