Education and Training
Education and Training courses at ECTC provide students with knowledge and skills needed for teaching and professional training consultant careers. Courses provide an overview of teaching and learning theories; curriculum development; teaching techniques; instructional resources and the use of technology; types of assessments; classroom management strategies; and ethics and professionalism. These courses are ideal for students interested in a career as a teacher, librarian, coach, counselor, recreation director, or social worker.
Courses - course descriptions here (see pg. 57-58) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IOnh1Mi_5YQOAwJG_lRBFwctnioZ8KMp/view
- Education and Training
- Teaching I
- Teaching II
- Education and Training Internship
- Praxis - Core Academic Skills for Educators
CTSO (Career Tech Student Organization) - FTA
* Students taking Education and Training courses are encouraged to join our CTSO, Future Teachers of Alabama (FTA). Students in FTA participate in community service projects such as after-school enrichment for teachers' elementary-aged children. Students also have the opportunity to travel to state conventions to collaborate with, and compete against, other FTA students in Alabama.
* Each course in the Education and Training pathway allows students to visit elementary classrooms to observe and assist veteran teachers.
* Students successfully completing Education and Training, Teaching I, and Teaching II are eligible for Internship.