8th grade year
- List five careers that interest you.
- Job shadow professionals in those areas and/or volunteer at their businesses.
- Sharpen those study skills. This is the last year before the GPA clock starts ticking!
- Work with the Career Coach and your Career Prep A teacher to explore the career assessments on www.al.kuder.com and create your 4-yr plan.
- Plan your High School coursework to take full advantage of the courses and certifications that are offered.
- Read, read, and read some more.
- Consider taking the ACT to get a baseline score. www.actstudent.org